Thomas Type D School Buses for Sale
With many options like air conditioning, pass-through underbody storage, and coach-style seating, it is sure to keep everyone comfortable no matter the distance. The HDX was built tough. This bus will have room for all of your equipment and up to 90 passengers. Midwest Bus Sales can supply you with all your maintenance and technical needs along the way.
What is the Type D Capable of?
The Thomas Built Type D Safe-t-liner HDX Offers:
The exterior mirror cluster includes flat and convex rear-view mirrors and front crossover mirrors. These features increase visibility behind and alongside the bus.
More Convenient Maintenance
Another great feature for easy maintenance and service is the Modular Electrical System. It’s convenient access and clear identification of components simplifies troubleshooting. The fuse relay centers are waterproof and dustproof to improve reliability.
Bus drivers come in all shapes and sizes. That’s why the cockpit was made to be as comfortable as possible. Two industry firsts include the offset gauge cluster and optional adjustable pedal. Both components make driving easier and safer.
Type D Bus Dimensions & Specifications
- Up to 90
- 181″, 209″, 238″, 267″, 277″
- Up to 36,200 lbs.
- Zonar V3 advanced telematics system
- Cummins® ISB 220-300 HP, ISL 260-300 HP
- CNG – Cummins ISL G 250-280 HP
- Meets or exceeds FMVSS/CMVSS
- Roof bows extend to bottom of side panels
- Double rear bumper with exterior contoured steel bumper
- Double-bolted body mounting clips
- Fuel tank mounted between frame rails
Additional Type D Bus Information
- Wheelchair lift
- Adjustable pedals
- Air suspension driver’s seat
- Air ride suspension
- Air disc brakes
- AM/FM radio/CD/PA
- Remote control/heated mirrors
- Reading lights
- Various seat options available: bench seat without belts, with lap belts, with three-point belts; integrated child seats or coach-style seating
- LED light packages
- Acoustical ceiling
- Under body pass-through storage area
- Overhead book racks
- Tinted windows
- Customer accessory module for aftermarket component hookup