Safe, Comfortable, and Durable
Thomas Type A School Buses for Sale
We’ve packed all of the safety features and rugged engineering of a bigger bus into the Minotour. Our Type A’s unique, steel-cage body is built onto a GM or Ford Chassis. Thomas wanted the Minotour to be the best Type A bus on the road, but they also wanted it to be the most innovative. This bus was designed with our customers in mind. It’s not only safe but easy to maintain, comfortable to drive and durable enough to withstand the rigors of everyday use.
What is the Minotour Capable of?
The Thomas Built Type A Minotour Offers:
Flexible Seating for Passengers.
The Minotour provides comfortable spacious seating for up to 30 passengers. With optional track seating, the floor plan can easily be adapted to suit your changing needs. Passenger seats can be removed quickly to allow for additional wheelchair securements.
Above and Beyond
The Minotour comes standard with all the safety features, years of reliability and high level of innovation you would expect from Thomas Built. This is all meant to provide passengers and drivers with the utmost safety while traveling on our buses.
The Minotour can be customized to fit your needs with options such as single or dual rear wheel, air conditioning, interior book racks, stereo systems, wheelchair lifts, and lots more. Each Minotour is designed and built to meet your requirements.
I'm Interested in This Bus!Fill out this short form so that we are made aware of your interest in this bus. One of our sales professionals will reach out to you shortly to give you all information regarding pricing, inventory, and availability, as well as answer any questions that you may have.
Type A Bus Dimensions & Specifications
- Up to 30
- Ford® Chassis: 138″ or 158″
- GM® Chassis: 139″ or 159″
- Zonar V3 advanced telematics system
- Meets or exceeds FMVSS/CMVSS
- Strength like a full-size school bus
- Safety cage body construction with one-piece skirt-to-skirt roof bows
- Two internal roof crash rails for rollover protection
- Four-wheel anti-lock brakes
- 42″ x 47″ glass-paneled rear emergency door
Additional Type A Bus Information
- Wheelchair lift with 44″ wide door
- Remote control/heated mirrors
- Driver’s step
- Dash and rear A/C
- Various seat options available: bench seat without belts, with lap belts, with three-point belts; latch; integrated child seat or coach-style seating